Monday, September 11, 2006

A Painful Anniversary



A Painful Anniversary

It is the most dreaded date in the modern Calendar. It is the date that no one wants to remember. It was the day that many people lost their loved ones to the barbaric acts of some fanatic terrorists. It is the day termed as the "Black Day" in the history of this century which crushed about 2996 lives and changed the lives of thousands of people. Yes I am talking about September 11, 2001 and today is the fifth anniversary of this heinous act.

Among the thousands of innocent victims are a few Bangaloreans who perished. One of them is a relative of mine Shashikiran Kadaba.a 25- year old Bangalorean who was on a project for the city based Wipro Technologies. Shashi is a 9-11 Hero whom I have never met but heard a lot about him through his father Mr. Lakshmikantha Kadaba. Lakshmikantha is my father’s cousin and I have met with him at Family gatherings and functions and who always makes time to talk to me about my life, career and welfare. We always had a good conversation and I was very proud that his son was in New York, USA working for Wipro

When I first learned a couple of days later, that Shashi was on the 97 floor when the plane hit the World Trade Centre, my heart stopped for a minute because this was a name I was familiar with, and I could not control my sorrow at what had happened. I imagined the mental state Mr. Lakshmikantha and his wife would be when they would have heard the news. It was so disturbing week to 10 days for me until I came to reality. If this was how I felt for a person whom I had not met, then what about the mental condition of the loved ones of the victims ? My heart goes out to all those heroes from Bangalore and India whose fate dragged them to the top of the world.

I personally felt that Wipro Technologies should have remembered Shashikiran and all his colleagues today who lost their lives on this fateful day. Unfortunately there was nothing on their website today. A search revealed "No results for Shashikiran Kadaba".

Wipro might have forgotten these heroes but not Bangalore. I dedicate this page to all those Bangalore 9-11 Heroes. On this fifth anniversary I pray to God Almighty to keep the souls of all the 9-11 heroes in Peace. If you want to pay your tributes to either Shashikiran or any 9-11 Hero visit http://www.9-11heroes.us/v/Shashi_Kiran_Lakshmikantha_Kadaba.php

Each time someone visits this page, a flower is added to the bottom as a small sign that someone remembers this person and wants to honor and appreciate their memory.

To know more about Shahsikiran visit http://memorial.mmc.com/pgBio.asp?ID=324

I also would like to quote the message from one of the visitors Manakkal V Ramesh who paid his tribute to ShashiKiran Kadaba.

You were born in a religion that advocated ahimsa even towards the meekest, weakest the tiniest of tiny creatures; considered the whole world one family, prayed for the well-being of all living forms and Mother nature and since ages worked and wished that Peace prevail in our Planet and in all other Planets and galaxies too.

The immortal Gita assures that all evil will have an eventual end and ONLY DHARMA AND TRUTH WILL PREVAIL. You have valiantly laid down your precious life. YOU ARE NOT DEAD BUT HAVE BECOME IMMORTAL AFTER THAT TRAGIC DAY.

Your life will surely inspire several hundreds too to LEAD A LIFE OF PURITY AND RIGHTEOUSNESS.

OM SHANTI SHANTI SHANTIHI

4 Comments:

Blogger ShaK said...

Thank you for the words. It indeed was a black day in the history of civilization. A day whose memory can never be erased from our lives. I pay my deepest condolences to Shashi and his family. May his soul rest in peace.

Amen.

4:23 AM  
Blogger Enigma said...

stumbled over ur blog. did visit the memorail. i do know few family frnds who lost their loved ones. acn undrestand what they are going through or went through

11:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for all who have spoken kind words about our beloved brother shashi and especially to Ravi whom I have known only through this blog who has created a lasting memory of shashi. Let this be the end of terror and let no other family undergo this trauma.
Poornima and ramitha

7:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for all who have spoken kind words about our beloved brother shashi and especially to Ravi whom I have known only through this blog who has created a lasting memory of shashi. Let this be the end of terror and let no other family undergo this trauma.
Poornima and ramitha

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home